-
January 18th, 2006, 09:18 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Hello,I am a Altec newbee!
I want built my first A7,so
i have some questions about the A7-500
modell!
I have the follow speakers to built the A7:
416-8c,808-8a,511b and N501-8a networks.
My questions are:
Is the 828 case modell the right,can i use this combination of speakers,what is the difference of the 828 plans on this site and the 828G modell witch is recomenend for the 416-8c?
Any help is very welcome!
Thanks,Andi
-
January 18th, 2006, 03:09 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Hi and welcome to this forum,
The 828 has had different heights since it's early days.
from 42" high to 60" for nodel A-7 and model A-5,
Regardless if it's a 515 or 416.
THe A7-500-8 with 416 uses a cabinet 54 1/2 " tall.
................
Someone else correct me if I'm wrong on this one.
I could use the advise of others also.
-
January 18th, 2006, 06:30 PM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
Where in the Sam Hill have you seen 828s that were 60" tall? I think you're confusing the 828, a bassbin, with a complete system with horn atop the bassbin.
-
January 18th, 2006, 07:49 PM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
Hi Tom,
You could be right.
Check the specs at the bottom fo this tech sheet.
http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...pro/page_4.jpg
Please get back to us on that one.
Thanks
-
January 18th, 2006, 09:19 PM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
Hello
Me again,
They calculated the horn on top. They call it the system dimensions. Quite confusing. Gosh The A5 and A7 were OEM in Canada .THe A5 were slightly bigger than A7 in 1970's . Communication {c'est important).
The 828 cabinet is 42" tall.
.................................
-
January 19th, 2006, 01:31 AM
#6
Senior Hostboard Member
Greets!
My involvement with these cabs ended before the -G, but I've been told these are made with only 5/8" thick MDF and like all of them, need more bracing. Definitely not one to 'clone' IMO. The one in the plans is the original 3/4" MDF construction with the external rear bracing/amp protector. This bracing was moved to the inside of the rear cover in the -G and if made from 3/4" MDF makes it a -H, so this is the one 'clone'.
FYI, the horn cavities need to be well damped. Some folks use expanding foam or sterilized sand. FWIW, I prefer kitty litter as a good tradeoff between damping and weight. Also, the 808 driver is for MI apps, so if these are for HI-FI, swapping out the diaphrams (if still original), removing the loading caps, and lining the rear cover with felt to convert them to 802 spec is desirable.
GM
-
January 19th, 2006, 02:19 AM
#7
Senior Hostboard Member
Hi Andy,
Here is your answer and I apologize for my detour about 828 size.
828 A PLYWOOD
828 B/C/D/E (MDF)
828 G (MDF)
828 H (MDF)
......................
-
January 29th, 2006, 03:04 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Hello!
Thanks for help!
There is an other question to.
Is the A7 better for home as an model 19
or a Valencia?
Then ,what is the best to build enclosures,
MDF or plywood?
Andi
-
January 29th, 2006, 06:51 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Hello.
so,what is better to build withs following parts,
(model 19,or Valencia)?
I have :
bass 416-8C,HF 807-8A,808-8A,Horns 511B,811B and
N 801-8A,N501-8A crossovers.
For model 19,i have found good drawings,but not
for the Valencia.
-
January 29th, 2006, 09:02 PM
#10
Senior Hostboard Member
Hi,
Sorry if I didn't respond right away
For model 19
416 hoofer
811B horn
806-8A or 802-8D driver
XO could be N801-8D There is a better XO
suited for this model.
If someone else can give us a hand on this it would be appreciated.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks